Why hire our military veterans? These great Americans are the 1% of the population who volunteered to serve our country in time of war. Not only is hiring them a great way to say thank you for their service and sacrifice, but it also brings many benefits to your company.
1. Training and Education – The U.S. government is the largest training provider in the country! Benefit from the skills-based training that has been provided to exiting Service members across all branches of our Armed Forces.
2. Disciplined – Discipline is ingrained into Service members on Day One.
3. Team Players – Military veterans understand the importance of working as a team.
4. Mission-Focused – Military veterans will not stop until the mission is complete.
5. Leadership – Leadership is a central tenet of military service. Military veterans know how to set high standards and “walk the talk.”
6. Performance Under Pressure – Service members have proved their mettle under the most trying conditions.
7. Problem Solvers – Military veterans are adept problem solvers who have demonstrated their ability to solve challenging and complex issues with minimal guidance.
8. Communication skills – Military leaders understand the importance of effective communications to mission accomplishment.
9. Dependable –You can count on military veterans to do what is asked of them, regardless of the circumstances.
10. Diversity – Military veterans reflect the diversity that has made the U.S. a beacon of freedom to other nations around the globe.
In addition to the many positive attributes associated with veterans, hiring them in 2012 could also qualify your company for a tax credit of up $9600. Click here for more information on these tax incentives.
Another benefit to hiring veterans –the U.S. government will pay the relocation costs for those service members who are separating or retiring from active duty (it must be their final move).
Recruiters interested in hiring veteran candidates should also visit Corporate Gray’s Employer’s section to learn how we can help you connect with military-experienced job seekers nationwide, in print, in person, and online.