Virtual job fairs use text-based conversations to bring employers and job seekers together in a fast and efficient manner. The Corporate Gray/MOAA Virtual Military Job Fairs do that and more!
You can research attending companies and view their job opportunities, meet (via text chats) with company recruiters, take notes on your conversations, and follow-up with your connections after the event.
Here are the steps to attending a Corporate Gray/MOAA Virtual Military Job Fair, which uses Brazen Careerist’s platform:
1. Register for the Event – Go to www.CorporateGray.com/jobfairs and click on “Internet” for the virtual event you’ll be attending. This takes you to the Brazen Connect event registration page. Here you will register for the event, fill out the custom information, and upload your resume.
2. Enter the Event Lobby – The event page link will take you to the event lobby. You can enter the lobby at any time prior to the event to research companies in preparation for meeting with them. The event lobby shows the booths of the attending employers. Click “View” on any booth to see the company information, browse the company’s jobs, and even drop off a note to the recruiters if you are unable to attend.
The event page link is also where you can follow-up after the event has ended. A one-stop link! Log in using your email address and password. If you do not remember your password, click next to “Forgot your password?” to receive an email with log in information.
You can also edit your Brazen Connect profile information at any time. Click on “Profile” at the top of the page.
3. Join a Booth – During the event, you can join a booth from the event lobby. You’ll see the expected wait time for each booth and the number of recruiters online for each company. Once you click “Join” you’ll be put in a queue to chat with a recruiter. You may be asked to verify your registration information upon joining a booth.
4. Start Networking – When you’re joined a company’s booth, you will see information about the company. At the bottom right of the screen, you will see a spinning circle which lets you know that you are currently waiting in line to be connected to a recruiter.
When a recruiter is available, you will be immediately matched for a 7-minute text-based conversation. You don’t have much time, so be sure to articulate what you are looking for, what your skills are, and why you are a great match for their company. Don’t wait for the recruiter to chat, introduce yourself right away!
5. Rate the Conversation – When your chat is over you will be brought to a rating screen. You can rate how you think the conversation went and take any notes that will help you best remember that conversation. Click the “Update” button to save your notes (these are private and for your use only).
6. Follow-up After the Event – When the event is over, review the connections you made by clicking on “Dashboard” at the top of your screen. The Dashboard is your event summary where you can review the connections you made during the event and follow-up with them.
To review a connection, click on the connection’s image. You can browse the connection’s information and the entire chat transcript. Follow-up with them from your Dashboard, and if you asked for contact information during the chat, this will be in the transcript. If not, look the connection up on LinkedIn!
Resource: Brazen Careerist Attendee Guide, by Brazen Careerist.
For the schedule of upcoming job fairs, visit Corporate Gray Online.